Monday, March 4, 2013

Update: The Creative Cubby is Moving

Don't worry.  You don't have to change your bookmarks.  The Creative Cubby isn't changing its internet home - just its real world one.

We sold our home a few weeks ago and have been working hard to pack everything up.  Neither my husband nor I have ever sold a home or tried to move a whole house worth of stuff.  It's been... an adventure.  
Boxing up the books and dvds took about two days.  {Yes, we have that many.}  We ended up with a wall of boxes - they are fabulously organized too thanks to some awesome labels.
The kitchen has been a major challenge - mostly because I'm a huge neurotic spaz and I'm so worried our good serving dishes are going to break.  We've gone through 2 full rolls of bubble wrap and another 2 rolls of foam sheets.  Just to be sure!

Boxes full of belongings have been donated to Goodwill.  We're working on Craigslist items.  Our couch left our household just last weekend.  Our living room is SO empty now.  Kind of sad...
We are building our new home, so all of our belongings are going into storage.  We'll be staying with some family members in the meantime and are trying to sort out what belongings we'll bring with us.  I can't even begin to talk about how depressing it is to pack up my craft room..  My precious Creative Cubby..  It took me two full days to figure out which crafts I was taking with me and how I was going to pack it all up.  Do you like my suitcase turned cross stitch closet?  
We have about two weeks until we're fully moved.  Things are hectic and I'm doing my best to keep my head on straight.  Stay tuned for a few more organizing posts and then we'll get back to craftastic fun!  

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
Blogging tips