Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sprinkle Star Candies


To add a little patriotic flare to the holidays and use the candy melts I had leftover from 4th of July, I decided to make these star shaped candies.  I love this star mold but I wanted to add a little something extra to really make these stars pop!  So I experimented - and they turned out great!  All you need are a star mold, candy melts, and sprinkles.

Here's What You Do

1.  Melt candy melts according to package directions.

2.  Fill bottom of the mold with sprinkles.  I used just enough to get the general shape of the star.

3.  While candy melts are still warm, fill molds.  The heat will cause the sprinkles to melt into each other a little.

4.  Put into refrigerator to cool.  Mine took about 15 minutes.

5.  Remove from refrigerator and carefully turn mold upside down on countertop to remove.  There will be some sprinkle casualties but you'll still get the overall effect.

I really ended up liking the red and blue mix sprinkles.  They remind me of fireworks.  So much so that I was annoying my husband by singing "Baby you're a fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirework!!!" over and over.

Overall, I'm very glad I was able to bring some patriotic spirit to the holidays and I can't wait to make these for our Independence Day party next year!



1 comment:

  1. Great article! Very informative blog. swagbucks code hack This was very helpful! Thank you so much for this!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips