Monday, September 10, 2012

Mess the Dress - 1950s Style

"Mess the Dress"???  What is that?

A "Mess the Dress" is a photo shoot done post-wedding of the bride in her wedding dress.  Traditionally, the bride will do something to destroy or "mess" her dress.  A Google search will show you images of women jumping into lakes, rolling in grass, making sand-angels all while sporting their fabulous wedding dresses.






Since I plan on donating my dress to a charity, I didn't want to do any damage to it - I just wanted a little more mileage out of it.  My husband and I brainstormed the 1950s-inspired shoot months before our wedding and were incredibly antsy to make our dream a reality.  We took the photos a few weeks before Christmas, which made our home an amazing background for our photos.
Enjoy!











We had loads of fun with this shoot.
I hope it inspires you to do your own!!!

Photography by Renee Clancy of Renee Clancy Photography



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
Blogging tips