Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Quick Pillow Upgrade


All too often, I come across pillows in stores and think "That would be cute... if it wasn't so boring."  
Well, they don't have to be boring.  It just takes a little love from your creative hand!

I bought this pillow from IKEA for $12.  
It's perfect to accent our pirate-themed kitchen.  However, it's so boring! 
I didn't want to change it too much, maybe just add a bit of color.  
I pulled out my embroidery hoop, needle and thread - and set to work!!! 
This little update only took me 15 minutes.  
It's not a dramatic change but it was enough to make me feel better about the pillow.

There are a number of ways to upgrade pillows.  Think of:
Metallic Embroidery Floss
Fabric Paint
Puffy Paint
Glitter Pens
Paint Pens
Sequins
Rhinestones
So next time a pillow at the store catches your eye, don't pass it up for being too boring.  
Add your own touch and you'll have a one of a kind piece of decor!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for embroidery! One of my favorite ways to spice fabric up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillow is amazing!! I love it. Your newest follower. You've inspired me to pick up my embroidery again! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips